Over time, the roof membrane gets damaged due to leaks, faded, and water ponding. Also, most of the roof corners and surfaces get attacked by algae, mold, etc. And, this is a real agony for a healthy homeowner or commercial property.
We’ll completely agree with you when you say: many installations of a new roof are eventually impossible and costly instead of the existing one. But, We can promise you to get rid of this crisis and the disastrous situation.
You might be wondering: What’s the permanent solution to get rid of this hack?
But here is the kicker: Roof Coating
Roof coating is an active adhesive monolithic fluid that is designed for applying on the roof membrane. It helps to protect roof surfaces from a variety of damage, including leaks, faded, etc. Also, it offers to reflect Ultraviolet rays with low VOC, weathertight exterior, and allow interiors cool alongside energy saving.
And, in this article, We’re presenting the best roof coatings that are durable, flexible, and long-lasting but affordable for use.
Rubberseal Liquid Coating
Over time, Rubberseal Liquid Rubber is a reliable protective waterproofing Coating that significantly works on household and industrial waterproofing appliances.
Certified White energy Star Rubberseal is one of the best choices for roofing applications to reflect heat off, resistant to aging and ultraviolet exposure rays.
The White Roll On liquid rubber with low VOC offers various types of resistance and elongation. The Product Dimension of this waterproof coating is 8 x 8 x 8 inches with 10 pounds in weight.
- Usage: Rubberseal white roll on mainly used in a full roof waterproofing coating or prepare a roofing substrate by filling in cracks and voids. Alongside this, it can use for waterproof ponds, pools, basements, wood, metal, concrete, fiberglass, plastic surfaces, and much more.
- Resistances: Rubberseal is a world-class emulsion that exhibits tremendous bond strengths. It offers different types of resistances like abrasion-resistant, non-yellowing, mildew resistant, non-toxic, UV resistant, and elongation.
- Ease: This waterproof coating installs easily by roll or trowel and can quickly develop powerful strength. This Rubberseal roll on the white surface is money-saving, environmentally friendly, and ideal for a durable waterproof solution at the roof membrane.
- Usage For: Liquid Rubber Color Waterproof allows for endless possibilities of usage. It offers metal roofs, flat Roofs, sloped roofs, planter boxes, foundations, ponds, sheds, basements, metal, wood, concrete, and more.
- Easy to use: This waterproof coating is easy to use with brush, roller, or high-quality paint sprayers just like painters. It’s ready to go for use after opening the container. Also, it’s a reusable waterproof coating while anyone wants to use it later with leftover materials.
- Nature-friendly: The Liquid Rubber Color Waterproof Sealant is a durable and environment-friendly coating. This water-based sealant contains no solvents, VOC’s or harmful odors. This durable, money-saving, and the high-quality waterproof coating is safe for humans with no special breathing apparatus.
Heng’s Rubber Coating
Heng’s Rubber roof coating specially designed for use over RV and EDPM rubber roofs, at seams and tears and to seal vents, air conditioners, and much more.
Usually, this longer-lasting rubber coating resists Ultraviolet rays and roof surfaces cracking, damages, non-polluting, and non-toxic impact.
Alongside this, Heng’s rubber offers a perfect waterproofing barrier against wind, rain, snow, and sand. Also, it reduces temperature, thereby reducing air conditioning costs.
- Variety of usage: The Heng’s rubber coating has strong adhesion to all types of surfaces. Also, this product allows working correctly on a previously coated rubber roof. It offered to use over galvanized steel, built-up bituminous roofs, concrete, wood polyurethane foam, and asphalt roof shingles. Besides, it can be applied by brush, roller, or spray applicator.
- Dimensions: The dimension of the Heng’s rubber coating is 6.5 x 11.9 x 7.5 inches with 5 pounds in weight. And, it can cover a 30 ft roof surface with 2 gallons for a good, solid, opaque coat.
- Resistances: It offers to resist cracking, damages, and withstands impact, non-polluting, and non-toxic due to its low temp flexibility. Also, It is UV resistant and expands and contracts with the roof base.
Dicor Rubber Roof Acrylic Coating
Dicor Rubber Roof Acrylic coating provides strengthens and super protective barrier to extend the life of your rubber roof membrane.
It provides perfect weather ability, UV resistance, fire retardant, elongation, flexibility, adhesion, and ease of application.
This rubber roof acrylic coating designed with the dimensions of 8 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches can cover 125 sq ft per coat.
- Easy to use: This rubber roof coating is much easier to use. It’s a perfect combination of upgrading installations. Dicor rubber roof coating is flexible, durable, and also it eliminates irritating roof rumbling. And, It requires less maintenance for longer-lasting use.
- Resistance: The Dicor rubber roof acrylic coating provides superior flexibility, adhesion, elongation, UV resistance, weather ability, fire retardant, and ease of application.
- Outstanding Coverage: The coverage of Dicor rubber roof coating is impressive. Typically, it needs two coats, and it can cover 125 square ft per single gallon. And, those two coats provide adequate superior protection to the roof membrane.
Jetcoat Acrylic Roof Coating
Jetcoat Cool King Elastomeric Acrylic Reflective Roof Coating longer-lasting, flexible alongside one of the best roof coating to form a rubber-like membrane over different roof surfaces.
Its design to be used on the roof surface, metal, wood surfaces, masonry, polyurethane foam, and asphalt. Before using the jetboat cool king, rinse the roof surface with a roof cleaner or bleach solution.
Alongside, this durable, money-saving acrylic roof coating also provides protection to tiles and dried-up quickly during use.
- Usage Applications: Roof coating allows the application on a variety of surfaces including EDPM rubber roofs, polyurethane foam, APP and SBS modified bitumen, asphalt, mobile homes and RV’s, concrete, wood and more.
- User-friendly: This Jetcoat Cool is much easier to use. Before applying on the rinsed surface, stir the coat bucket thoroughly that makes the pail thicker. And, with a soft coating brush or high-pressure sprayer, it offers to deliver the optimum performance.
- Dimensions: it comes at the precise size of 15 x 12 x 12 inches over 56 pounds in weight. Each gallon of Jetcoat elastomeric offers to cover 50-70 sq ft per coat and two coats are the best for getting the best quality in expected temperature.
Dicor Corporation Elastomeric Coating
One of the best advantages of using Dicor Corporation Elastomeric Coating applies to use previously coated RV roofs.
It protects longer-lasting fiberglass and brightens metal, aluminium, steels, and more metallic items.
This money-saving elastomeric white coating provides superior reflectivity, therefore, decreasing interior temperature. This proven Dicor elastomeric coating offers 20year’s durability if adequately maintained.
- Variety of Usage: The Dicor RP-MRC-1 Elastomeric RV Roof Coating designed to use for various surfaces including metal, fiberglass RV roofing, aluminium, steel, and much more. And, this elastomeric coating delivers white reflectivity hence lowering the interior temperature. But, it’s not suitable for EPDM rubber or TPO roofing.
- Dimensions: The Dicor corporation coating designed with dimensions of 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches in parallel 11.22 pounds weight. To achieve lasting performance, it requires two coats for adequate protection at an application rate of 1 gallon per 200 sq. Ft. per layer.
- Durability: Dicor elastomeric coating technically proven for 20 years longer-lasting ability in use.
Ames Roof Coating Maximum Stretch
Ames Maximum Stretch elastomeric roof coating is flexible, and non-toxic room membranes technologically designed in America.
The Ames stretch roof white coating is user-friendly and applicable on any roof from a residential home to commercial-size roofing.
With the remarkable adhesion ability, the Ames maximum stretch elastomeric coating resists cracking and peeling over time.
- Variety usage: Typically, this stretch coating allows using on a metal roof, tin roof, sealing rubber roof, wood floor. Also, it is formulated to resist fungus, mold, and mildew.
- Amazing Stretch: This American made stretch coating Up to 1000% elastomeric. Elasticity ratio for rubber is 25% alongside 75% acrylic and 750% elongation that expands and contracts with the roof surface. And, Consequently, its coverage rate is 100 square feet per gallon.
- Resistance: The elastomeric technology of these coatings offers they resist cracking and peeling over time. Besides this, the maximum stretch reflects up to 98% of UV rays, which saves energy and money. It offers flexibility at freezing temperatures. The ideal temperatures are 55 to 70.
Dicor Fiberglass RV Coating
Dicor Fiberglass RV roof coating mainly designed to maintains and brightens fiberglass. Alongside this, it also allows using on the previously coated RV roof. But, it’s worst to use for EPDM rubber or TPO roofing.
One of the best advantages of using the fiberglass RV roof coating requires less maintenance.
The Dicor Fiberglass RV roof coating is developed with 100% Acrylic fiberglass resins, therefore a flexible layer will extend and contract with the roof movement.
- Resistance: The Dicor fiberglass helps to keep the interior cooler and save energy. Besides this, Dicor Rv Coating becomes impressive to the user because it’s a remarkable ability to protect from algae and mildew.
- Performance: This RV roof whitening coating can cover 350 square feet per gallon at a single coat. Two coats recommended achieving optimum performance. Typically, it’s designed with the 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches volume, and the weight of the RV roof coating is 10.34 pounds.
- Variety use: Normally, Dicor Fiberglass coating mainly used for Recreational Van or Caravan roof membranes. But it can use to fill up holes and cracks in RV or trailer roof. You can also use it in filling up some gaps and cracks in your RV or trailer roof.
- Variety of uses: Typically, the GacoRoof coating is ideal for use on flat and sloped roofs, including, but not limited to, large and small buildings, homes, garages, and patio covers, sheds and barns, mobile homes, RVs and more.
- Longer-lasting: This Gaco 100% silicone coating is flexible, user-friendly, and longer-lasting. And, a good silicone coating like GacoRoof could last up to 15 years with proper maintenance. Moreover, it offers a 50-year limited material warranty.
- Dimensions: GacoRoof silicone coating industrially comes with 12 x 12 x 13 inches in sizes and 41 pounds in weight. The coverage rate of a single gallon Gacoroof silicone is 100 sq feet.
Great White Silicone Coating
Infiniti’s Great White 100% Silicone Roof Coating is one of the best silicon-based protective roof coatings. This silicon-based protective roof coating works against leaks, ponding water, or external damages.
The Infiniti’s high white coating is exceptionally durable and unbelievable adhesive strength that reflects the powerful UV rays and provides a comfortable interior environment and saves money.
This flexible silicon-based coating formulated form size is 15 x 12.5 x 12.5 inches, with the weights of 53 pounds. Additionally, it also offers an excellent coverage rate.
- Usage: One of the significant advantages of using this silicon-based roof coating is specially designed to seal and create a waterproof barrier that can expand and contract to membranes. Also, it offers excellent durability and strengthens adhesive.
- Resistance: The Inifinit’s silicone roof coating applicable to completely clean roofing membranes that enhance roof reflectivity, UV resistance, and moisture-cured. And, it offers low VOC that helps maintain the interior temperature.
- Excellent Coverage: The coverage rate of the Infiniti’s silicone-based roof coating is 100 sq feet from each gallon.
1. Asphalt Emulsions Coating:
Asphalt emulsions designed with multiple inorganic as well as organic fillers and fibers to generate extra strength for coating.
You will get it in a different color. The standard type of colors to choose brown, black etc.
You will need 3 gallons for every 2000 square feet. So, you may understand it wants so little material.
Push broom makes it little more natural to Swift ON. It provenly makes the installation quite easier. That’s why it’s considered one of the best kinds of roof coating for so many years.
2. Solvent Asphalt Coating:
Have you ever listened about the cutback coating? It’s another name of solvent asphalt. It made for easy application and to get both colors like aluminium-finish with asphalt black.
For 2000 of square feet you need 3 gallons like asphalt. And when you are choosing the raw material, stay careful.
3. Acrylic Roof Coatings:
People know Acrylic coatings as a white reflective coating. It is also well known as another best coating type.
There are several colors, and polymers made this a very durable coating. The only thing acrylicrequires the re-coating. It’s not within six months or one year after 2-3 years.
4. Silicone Coating:
The silicone coating is the last most embracing smarter coating than any of the coating process. It’s fundamentally made by including solvents and catalyst together on the silicon base.
Its biodegradable and natural material to use smoothly on the roof. You can apply a different technique and method like roofing or spraying if you want. And the color depends on which one you consider best.
The popular colors are translucent and white. It mostly used to roller applied and spray. For every hundred square feet you need approximately 2 to 3.5 gallon.
The most significant advantage of silicone coating is to prevent the ponding water for a longer time naturally and maintains the substrates without the shell. People are happy with those both real advantages, and it also cost-effective very straightforward.
Easy to Apply Everywhere:
The first most exciting thing about the roof coating is you can apply it everywhere. It smoothly works on industrial, residential, or commercial building. It automatically prevents physical damages of the roof, including chemical and water.
Its profound savers for the homeowner to who wants to save some. As you can check, there are some waterproof protected coating on the market. That designed to stay roof inside for sophisticated protection too.
Lower The Temperature:
Generally, a roof faces so many challenges including infrared, visible light and ultraviolet radiator. That forces the roof gets damaged at the quickest time.
But the best roof coating allows your roof to stay away from those challenges just lowering the temperature of the roof.
It naturally kills the interior temperature of your home that turns into real advantages. It also reduces the strains and outages power with the electric grid.
Decreasing The Urban Heat:
The temperature of urban and rural area are not the same. Typically, white roofs reflect more sunlight rather than the grey. You will see on the summer that roof reflects 80% sunlight while the grey is 20%.
Color differentiates the sunlight very straightforward, which is efficient for a mainly urban area to decrease the heat.
Statistics show 2.5 billion (Square Feet) roofs are re-placed or re-coated every year.
Each homeowner has to repair the existing roof at a suitable time to avoid some roof risk. The beauty of the roof coating amplifies the roof life and save you from wastage.
Ability to Resistance:
You must understand what kind of coating is suitable for your roof. Because of not all sort of coat you able to apply or suit with your building.
The resistance capacity is essential to deal with all kind of challenge that occurs on the roof. Remember the richest quality coating allows your roof to prevent every injury frequently happen.
So, suggest you take the durable coating system that genuinely designed to resist all kind phenomenon from the roof.
So many homeowners make a mistake; they go for buying the right quality coating but don’t pay careful attention to the adjustability. That a huge mistake. Because if your roof is unable to adjust the coating very energetically. Then it doesn’t matter how much money you spend on buying the roof coat. It’s all are in danger.
That’s why adjustability is also a significant issue to focus along. And it will not only save you the from overspending but also allows your roof to live mostly.
Check The Flexibility:
The ordinary job of best roof coating is the contraction and expansion. It can be the hardest job for the layer. If it’s not correctly flexible with the temperature of your roof.
Because your roof coating life is consistently influencing by the weather, and flexible coating causes it to calmly adjust the coat both ways that automatically enlarge the coating life for sure.
Understand the Reflexiveness:
The exterior temperature of the coating always dominates the insider part. A sturdy roof coating easily able to digest the temperature almost instantly. As a result, your roof coat will save itself.
The nicest quality coating can reflect 80% – 90% reflect most of the time. And when it produces the less heat coat automatically save the insider part of the roof coating.
1. Clean The Roof:
While it comes to apply the coating on the roof, the first must-do work for everyone to clean the roof thoroughly. Did you know how to clean roof?
Because it naturally gets dirty the roof. There is many dirt, debris, spot you will see on the roof. And if you put the coat on this filthy place. Then it would not stay long; the possibility to leak on the roof coat stay risky.
So, to avoid all kind of common risk, make your coating way more functional and long-lasting there is nothing you can do unless cleaning the roof.
And the cleaner your roof will the stronger it will adjust with the coating and stay fearless over the decade.
2. Apply The Coating:
When your roof is clean all along and dry now is the time to apply the coat. The tools you need for the roof coating is the brush or roller. Make sure which one works best for you.
Now start coating and polish it as much as it requires. When you are all set just let it dry.
Some owners like to multiple layers, in this case, the crucial thing you must understand is to before applying the second layer dry the first coating.
If you forget to do it, the second layer won’t adjust properly. In this case, dry your coating before the next one gives the more substantial benefit that you have ever experienced before.
3. Cure The Coating:
Here is the final step where you need only coating the roof is to cure. When you have done with the coating, the roof requires to dry for maximum outcome. And it’s all you needed to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nobody can give you the exact math and lifetime of how long it lasts. But generally, it lasts 10 to 15 years depends on the quality coating you are buying.
If you buy the lower quality, then it will probably stay 8 to 10 years, but the quality one gives non-stop 15 years to more.
As we said earlier, the quality, so the demonstration here is to depend on what kind of coating you want to use.
The more premium quality you able to make sure the longer it will serve you. And generally speaking, you need to change it 10 to 15 years of use.
Typically, from the user experience silicon considered as the highest quality durable coating technology from all above and cost a little higher Rather than the other coating systems.
But the good news here is silicon stay longer.
So, when you have long-lasting protection on the roof. It automatically allows you not to change it frequently that also help you to save the money or considered as a worthy investment every time.
When you know there are four types of roof technology; then you may already notice every one of the coatings designed for several reasons to accomplish following the person requirements.
None of them is very best for everywhere or able to serve everyone necessities.
But experience shows some of the users said the best type of coating is silicon. And the other groups opposed it and said the Acrylic is the best. Because of it’s available in different variety of colors. It’s durability and low cost.
Our opinion is that not everyone has a challenge with the budget. Some people mostly be conscious of the coating quality; however, it costs. In this case, low cost stays aside from the list.
But throughout the research, the one most crucial element you must consider is both are good quality for some people depend on their roof structure, color, and other expectations.
Yes, it stops leaks if you apply it well and cures properly. Sometimes it happens some years of use you discover the single or a few leaks on the roof. In this case, repair the damages carefully, you are all done.
Generally, for the roof, it cost 2$ to 3 $ in between for per square feet.
- 1 Best Roof Coating 2020 – Comparison Table
- 2 Rubberseal Liquid Coating
- 3 Liquid Waterproof Sealant
- 4 Heng’s Rubber Coating
- 5 Dicor Rubber Roof Acrylic Coating
- 6 Jetcoat Acrylic Roof Coating
- 7 Dicor Corporation Elastomeric Coating
- 8 Ames Roof Coating Maximum Stretch
- 9 Dicor Fiberglass RV Coating
- 10 Gaco Roof Coating
- 11 Great White Silicone Coating
- 12 The Ultimate Roof Coating Guide
- 13 The Pure Advantages of Applying Best Roof Coating
- 14 Major Factors Before Coating The Roof
- 15 Apply The Coating On The Roof