To maintain the temperature of your house you need the best roof vent. It will not only prevent overheating, but also reduce the impact of temperature change from both inside and outside, creating a comfortable environment of your house.
What is the best roof vent? The best roof vent should have these qualities- easy installation, noiseless, reversible and powerful and have the ability to carry lots of air. It’s not only applicable for cold weather, but also for hot weather. To secure all of these, you need the best roof vent.
So, are you curious about its features? Don’t worry. With no more delay, let’s dive in to look into the products’ features.
What Is Roof Vent?
Your house needs to breathe. To keep all the toxins out and make a safe space for your members roof vent can be the most important part to add.
What is roof vent? Roof ventilation is a system that allows air circulation through the attic. A proper vented roof can protect the roof from overheating. An overheated roof can cause further problems like health risk or damages.
What Do People Like About Roof Vent?
It’s such an essential for every home that a lot of people consider it for their roof. Depending on their home a people choose a custom ventilation system that suits their climate and other factors.
What do people like about roof vent? A good roof vent will keep the attics cool in summer and dry in the colder months. It allows natural air flow inside your house and makes it comfortable to live in.
Benefits of roof vent:
- Energy Cost: It reduces energy cost. As hot air can pass through roof vent there’s little need of using air conditioners.
- Extends Roof Life: It protects the concrete tile and asphalt shingles and gutters that can live up to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Low Cost: It properly insulated roofs can keep moisture intact and cleans dirt almost itself.
- Prevent Ice Dams: Ice melts and the remaining water flows down.
What Are Some Roof Vent Problems?
It’s usual of a product to have its both pros and cons. Similarly roof vents also comes with its pros and cons.
What are some roof vent problems? It’s important you choose the right roof vent for your house keeping your climate and other factors in mind. Or else it will not benefit you. The installation is not very simple but needs to be done accurately to get the right service.
How Long Roof Vent Lasts?
Every product has its own lifespan. But if taken care properly it’ll give the best service within that lifespan or even exceed than that.
How long roof vent lasts? How long a roof vent will last depends on how accurately you are installing it, that’s why it’s best to take professional help. It also depends on how your climate is.
Best Roof Vent 2021 – Comparison Table
Our team researched best roof vents for the market 2021.
Galvanized Steel Vent
Our first pick for best roof vents for Galvanized steel vent. This one is light, easy to install and do not require electricity.
It’s a straight vent for internal air exhaustion and carrion resistant. This ready-made vent is perfect if your extended house doesn’t have any built-in vent, but now you need a one.
- Easy to set: The vents come with pre-drilled holes. You can easily mount it by using an electric drill machine—no need of asking an expert’s help.
- Anti-corrosive properties: The vent has a fully galvanized roof. It has got polyester powder coated finish. As a result, the vent can survive on rain, snow or any other roughness that can damage the steel.
- Multi-purpose use: You can use the vent anywhere in your house. But this 6 inches diameter collared vent is ideal for kitchen room, bathroom and garage especially. It features removable damper which prevents backdrafts. It helps to do the entire function of a vent. It let the polluted air to flow out of the home and to avoid contaminant air sweeping back inside the room.
Lomanco Galvanized Turbines
Turbine on the usual vent is very efficient for suck the fresh air inside. So if you have a standard window on the roof or rooms, then you can use the Lomanco Galvanized turbines.
It easily fits on 7/12 roofs and sizes around 12 inches. The turbine is made of .025 stamped galvanized steel and equipped with durable lubricant ball bearings.
- Efficient: The Lomanco can easily fit on a roof that raises 7 inches. Its high-speed fans allow the contaminant air to go out and suck the cold and fresh air inside. The right side of it even in the hottest weather like up to 50 degrees C the turbine can moderate the inside temp; depending on the room size.
- Long-lasting: The galvanized body of the turbine is very long-wearing. You can use it in blizzard, rain, sand secure or anything. The highly polished body survive on any attach of rust or fungus.
- Protective: The turbine is an open passage for air, water or anything has outside. That way, you think. But in reality, it does not let come inside like water during the rainstorm. The design of it does not pass things like water or sand inside the roof or room so you can be assured about your home well-being.
AIR VENT Square Roof Vent
If you want a cheap but decent roof vent, then Air vent square roof vent is perfect to have. This one has 16x18x9” diameter opening and easily mountable a 3/12 or 10/12 roof pitch. It’s made of high quality galvanized steel which makes it long-wearing also.
- Excellent shape: Forget those over or round shape vents that we often see in market or people’s house. But, this one is a square shape and looks modern. If you see its advertisement picture, you will see it’s a brown color polished vent. But in reality, it’s not. The vent is galvanized and has a shiny surface which not brown. However, galvanized steel is excellent and fully rustproof. It can survive very well in any bad weather or condition for a long time.
- Efficient: The vent has 9.5 inches opening with an eight by 8 inches aluminium screen. It’s louvered and can let the airflow from three sides. As a result, the inside heat and humidity can pass outside, and the room feels comfortable.
- Simple setup: All you need to set the vent is some screw and drill machine and a keyhole saw to cut an opening on the roof. The installation process is mention on the box, so anyone with basic setup knowledge can mount it.
iLIVING Exhaust Attic Solar Roof
For efficient temp and humidity control, you can choose iLIVING Exhaust Attic Solar Roof. This one made of a waterproof brushless motor with warranty. It’s fully solar energizes and comes with the highest capacity of the exhausting air system.
Here I like to mention you can get an AC/DC adapter kit for nonstop operation and the on/off switch. That means you can use it as night by storing energy through a particular device. But you need to pay for some extra bucks for that. Otherwise, the panel comes with an only day-long service.
- Adjustable: The vent is adjustable in 0°/15°/30°/45°. Which means it does not stick in one side as like the other solar panels. It also features an intelligent thermostat control which can be enabled or disable within 65-130 ft.
- Powerful: The vent can cover up to 2000 sqft area at a time. That is equal to 1750 CFM. That means you can set it up on attic, garage, kitchen, or burn.
- Capable: The vent comes with a brushless 20w motor. This flexible polycrystalline solar panel has a waterproof fan which works continuously without getting tired. When the fan starts, the thermostat automatically adjusts the temperature and cools it down.
Remington Solar Roof Vent
You can’t afford not having something like Remington Solar roof vent. This solar roof vent is energy efficient, has noise dampening technology and high performance at tamping control. Each fan has pre-installed humidistat and thermostat, which give it more strength on managing air, humidity plus heat.
- Cut your electricity bills: The end electricity bill of a roof vent is not just a few sums. That is why having a solar-powered device is an excellent relive. And Remington is fully powered by free solar energy. All you need is to hassle with a one hour of installation process and rest is chill.
- Powerful fan: The included fan of the roof vent is 25-watt. This one powerfully works to ventilate up to 1800 sq/ft of attic space. During winter, the fan reduces any risk of ice-damming.
- Durable: The entire set up such as fan, frame, thermostat, etc. are made of high-quality materials. Infect this is the least price high-quality roof vent you can ever have. Once set up, you don’t have to worry about it much during the rainy season or snow. Just usual maintenance may require time to time.
HQST Solar Attic Fan
The HQST Solar Attic fan offers excellent service and value. This one provides auto light control, zero noise, easy installation, and maintenance.
Here I like to mention one thing- if your area has large natural disasters like a hurricane or so you have to be careful with this one. Mine was blown away after a robust medium hurricane.
- Great temp control: The roof vent is right added humidity and temperature control. You can use it for every 1076 sq.ft. It protects the roof from deterioration and service in snow and rains.
- Work with everything: You can use this for wood, slate, flat concrete tile and metal roofs. Those roofs with slopping, asphalt, shingle problems will survive after installing it.
- Durable and sturdy: The fan comes with an IP68 waterproof brushless DC motor. Also, it includes a built-in 15-watt panel which generates steady airflow. The 12” full fan creates almost zero noise even in high speed. The entire structure is made of aluminium which is rust free and very light.
Broan Surface Mount Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
For minimalistic appearances and high work competence you defiantly consider having Broan surface mount vent.
This one specially made of high-temperature control. If your area is not cold-weather condensation, then this vent is perfect for you.
- Solar-powered: The vent comes with a 28 watts solar panel which converts sunlight into electricity. That is a saver not only your dollar but also the power that we are spending day and night. The ventilation system can cover 537 CFM in a year.
- Heavy-duty: The tempered glass solar unit is made to last long. The outer portion is UV stabilized, rugged with ABC plastic and color dyed. Moreover, it can tolerate big hail and stay in shape in most of the rough condition.
- Easy to install: The roof vent is simple to use and install. Its low profile design looks great on the roof too. It does not need and pivoting stand also. You can easily set it with the help of some screw and screwdriver if the roof is pre-cut.
Maxxair Roof Vent
For the decent value and features, you will defiantly like the Maxxair Roof Vent. The good thing is the vent’s fan is not that loud, like some other vents.
With the better temp, air, and humidity control the vent never let your windows fogged after a heavy shower outside. The built-in thermostat works excellent and provides the temp that you like. By the way, it’s automatic and works according to the current heat.
- Convenient: The current model of Maxxair comes with remote control. Many high end models don’t have anything like this. So that now you have better control at when to speed up or down the fan or turn it on/off.
- High speed: The vent comes with more reliable, strong fan and power. The fan on the other hand is 10X high or mighty compared to others. As a result you get faster temperature control within short time.
- Easy installation: you can use this fan for any 14/14 inch roof opening. It’s flush-mounted, all inside trim and very easy to set up. However, you can use it for any folding camping trailers, fifth wheels, travel trailers, and all type of motorhomes.
HENG’S UNIVERSAL ROOF VENT
Here is another roof vent in affordable price which works fine as other fans. The Heng’s Universal roof vent is made of galvanizing steel. Due to its construction, it does not get rust quickly.
This one is also lightweight and easy to install. Also, the removable screen makes the usual cleaning easy.
- Powerful: The vent comes with 12-volt motor, six-bladed fans on/off switch and push button. The fan works excellent to exhaust hot air and keep the room temperature in control.
- Easy installation: The vent can be installing without any hassle. It does not require hardware mounting. All you need is get some putty and screw and follow the instruction mention on the packet.
- Workable & pretty: The vent works well to cover 950 cfm. Also, it looks brilliant on the roof—comparison to other its only 4 inches high and 10 inches wide. The white square shape vent will change the appearance of your roof also.
AIR VENT Attic Ventilator
Last but not least. Here is my final pick for best quality roof vents. The Air vent Attic Ventilator is power attic ventilation. It’s a brown color dome size 25 inches ventilator with the additional motor, thermostat, fans and lots of other things.
The vent is easy to install and keep inside in average temp. If you want to cover the right amount of area you can choose this one.
- Well equipped: The vent features a 2.8 amp motor and a six bladed fan. It’s powerful enough to work in 60-120 C quite well.
- Better temperature control: One thing I want to clear, this vent is specially made for humidity control. I live in Colorado, and here the humidity is no problem as well the heat. But I am using it for my 10/12 attic roof, and its working fine. The fan has the ability to in and out a lot of air. That is why its adjustable thermostat has better control at temperature.
- Hassel-free installation: The installation if the fan is pretty straight forward. All you need to cut the roof as per as size is given template on the package. If you have nails, hammer, keyhole saw, etc. then anyone can set the vent.
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Most commonly, people find challenges with molds, dampness, and shingles damages and to prevent this kind of situation; modern roof vent plays a real authority role very leading way.
You may live in a hot or cold area. Maybe you have experienced some poor quality vent. But a high-quality standard vent has so many real-world advantages. It allows you to deal with the temperature of your home and live mostly.
Having the vent roof system will prolong the life of your roof. It reduces the temperature of your home inside that necessary for good health too. When you to want to save energy cost, then vent also a good alternative.
So if you discover your reason and take the full option using a functional vent system, that allows you to save more live healthier and protect your roof smartest way. Then what kind of vent would be the best for your home check below.
Types of Trendy Best Roof Vents
See the kinds of best roof vents before making any purchase. It will help you to understand its category and choose better.
1. Box Roof Vents:
The prominent name of this vent is “Low Profile”. You will get it different color as well as hard plastic and metal two. Both considered reasonable to use — the job of roof vents to bring the highest amount of heat and it to moisture for releasing. You may sometime need several box roof vents for required effectiveness.
2. Wind Turbines Vents:
People know it as a “whirlybirds”. It’s unstable without the motor.
You may ask which vents allow more air Box or Turbines? The expert said turbines allow more are instead the Box vents, especially when the air is blowing around.
You may get it several degrees with quality. To make the best decision, you can apply standard quality turbine with plastic brushing.
Sometimes people consider the ball bearing that both are efficient for the spinning process. People often go for the cheapest quality that produces a noise when it spins. Don’t follow it, considers that serve you best without bothering.
3. Power Vents:
It’s another most noiseless vent system that designed with blade and balanced motor and easily exhausted humidity from any roof attic. It’s a truly wise investment for people who live in warmer areas.
Not all the expert recommends it for everywhere, but some user has a reasonable opinion about the power vents. Maybe they get the most benefit after using it.
The best advice for you to talk to your contractor they will give the wisest knowledge rather than non-professionals.
4. Cupola Vents:
People have been using over the centuries. The name of the old Latin is “small cup”. They used to use it on the castles, cathedrals, and sometimes the government offices.
But interestingly the amount of efficiency and styles are increasing day by day. So people are not in the same game as before. They are using its modern offices, houses, barns, residential and commercial places too.
The mechanics of cupola vents is its complete light ventilate. It allows you to design your home at the personal choice and you will get different shapes like octagonal, square, hexagonal and bell. Choose the option that meets your primal needs very well. Because it packed with some unusual features, it will quickly send the moist air to the outside and cool you home. And in the winter prevent the snow so naturally. So if you would like to use higher-quality durable vents, then it will serve your purpose real quick.
5. Off Ridge Vents:
It’s most popularly known as universal vents that allow you to use it so many different types of homes you want to use. It’s built for sloped and use as intake vent or air exhaust. The speed of these vents is to maximum 200 mph with the outstanding design structure. The beauty of the off ridge vents is to keep securing the longevity of the home.
You are able to use it as an air intake roof vent and it releases the moisture and heat altogether.
You may already face the challenge with snow, rain, insects, or animals. But the off ridge would not rust and keep your appearance clean with more extended usefulness. The good news for some owner who used to worry about the parts replacements or frequent maintenance is the off ridge designed with stable parts.
To match your building material, sometimes powder paint coating helps a lot more.
6. Solar vent:
If you hate the idea of using an electric vent or static vent but need some power to save, then, solar can be your one of the most excellent option to use along.
If any big tree stays around your home, that could be a challenge.
That can prevent the sun. Because of the tree keep aside your solar panel then it wouldn’t get the solar power you need to use.
Typically the solar is a little tough job to install. Because not everyone knows the installation process very accurately, so try to hire professionals and make your job errorless and effortless both ways.
7. Electric Vent:
People those are living in the hot area will be the best investment to use the electric vent. The unique thing of the roof vent is to keep running the vent to get the total advantages from it.
Some people try to install the electric vent on their own. End of the setup they find it doesn’t work correctly. So call someone who can do it and let them do. And you will be happier after installation the electric vent.
8. Static Vents:
If you would like to passively enter the air into the home without using the electricity and static vent, then it can be beneficial for them.
To get the job done, you need to use a different colour, sizes and structural static vents and choose something that relevantly meets your roof structure and give a satisfying experience.
9. Greenhouse vent:
It mostly uses for the greenhouse for a specific application. Greenhouse vent is quite different from other vent systems.
The job of this vent is the same as other vents.
Practically greenhouse vent has various advantages like temperature, humidity, oxygen exchange, pollination, air circulation, pest control, and so on.
Greenhouse vent typically uses the manual structure. And people use it maintaining the time discipline. And you have to make sure the when the close and opening time.
10. Soffit Vents:
If you have ever planned for using environment-friendly vents that work real powerfully during the winter and summer both then Soffit undoubtedly designed to reach your potential.
During the summer it enters the cold air into the home inside and makes your home peaceful all around.
And the wintertime it smoothly sends out the cold air from your home and makes it natural as much as it is possible.
The smartest thing of the Soffit is it genuinely controls the temperature of the attic that quickly forces to stay healthy at home.
Some advantages you must pay attention before making any choice.
Most versatile vents give you wide room of opportunity and balanced. It’s highly efficient for both seasons and prevents the moisture and gives you well-structured with saving a lot more energy.
If you think your home surrounded by mold, then it does obviously can be anther wisest selection for the roof vent.
11. Ridge vents:
Whenever you find yourself to use more effective roof vents that prevent the cracking, premature ageing ultimately, and then ridge vent can be your excellent option. It works kind of vacuuming technology that assists your home to release the warm air more quickly and conveniently.
The roof ridge is quite simple technology recommended from the expert as well as so many owners. As you can see, some hot areas like Texas are handy for using ridge vents.
The common problem with traditional vents is it holds the air on the attic and cannot send it out. As a result, the hot air stays inside and damages your overall structure. It designed to send out the air and prevent damages entirely automatically.
The real benefit of the ridge vent is to it doesn’t require to use it with the combination of other vents. Others vent system most of the time demands that. But ridge vents is so effective it without mixing up anything for any reason.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far apart should roof vents be?
The general rule of thumb for roof spacing is to have at least 1 square foot of space between 150 square feet. However, you can change that depending on the structure of the building.
How does roof vent work?
Roof ventilation systems work by giving a continuous flow of air along with the attic space. This will ensure that there is no overheated air or moisture in the attic area. But most importantly, it will try to reduce the impact of temperatures both inside and outside the building.
Can a roof have too much ventilation?
While you can have extra exhaust ventilation, you can’t really go the extra mile when it comes to intake ventilation. The excess intake ventilation will eventually convert to exhaust when it goes to the leeward part of the building.
Do roof vents keep a house cooler?
Roof vents are great for keeping a house cooler. Other than that, it’ll also ensure there is less humidity. The best part is, you won’t have to face any kind of mold infestation when there are roof vents on your house.
So, these are all the things you should pay attention to before buying the product. Remember that a poor roof vent can damage your roof more than doing any good. So buy the roof vent with good qualities and secure your roof as well as your house.