Today we are going to reveal the best sliding table saw 2019. Sliding table saws are basically used for longitudinal cutting and cross-cutting of different types of woods. Nowadays it has become an unavoidable appliance for the people connected to wood processing and furniture making. It has reduced human labor and increased the amount of wood production. So let’s start.
Best Sliding Table Saw 2019 – Comparison Table
Let’s have a look at the best sliding table saws available in the market july 2019:
How To Use a Sliding Table Saw?
First and foremost, table saws are dangerous power equipment. They can seriously injure you if you get slightly careless. Always put on safety glasses, keep attention to what you are doing, and always be respectful respect for this powerful machine. Don’t be scared of using the machine, but always keep in mind, it can and will displace fingers or eyes if you are careless for a second. Always be very positive with your work. Be confident in your every step while handling this machine. There are a couple of facts to be remembered in regards to the operation of the sliding table saw as follows:
Before You Start
- Clean up the table and the table top near the table saw.
- Check if the saw blade is sharp enough and the saw blade is on a line.
- Test the machine for one minute to check the machine is working normally and in the right direction.
- Place the plate on the pusher and adjust the gear size.
- The plate should be very close to the block and not loose.
- In accordance with the thickness and toughness of the plate, adjust the speed of cutting, and push the machine at a stable speed, not so fast.
- The operator must wear a mask,
- No gloves, loose clothes and long hair.
Things To Keep in Mind
- Do not keep your hands over or in line with the blade.
- Never use the fence and the miter gauge both together. This will cause the board to bind, jump, or kick back.
- Never push the material into the fence so hard. It is unnecessary and also spring loads the fence. You will never get an exact cut and increases the risk of the board jumping or a kickback.
- Try to use push sticks and blocks. There are many occasions in which using a push stick/block are not necessary, and there are fewer occasions when using them can be dangerous.
- Do retract the blade into the table when your work is finished
Some Tips Before We Finish
- There are two types of system of how to set up the height of the blade. The first one is to set the blade only a bit higher (1/8 inch) than the top of the material that needs to be cut. The second system is to set the blade height up above the top of the material to be cut. But following the first one is much safer.
- Clean up yourself and around you. Not only because it’s good to shop etiquette, but also having measurement tools or scrap wood remaining around the table or top of the fence while cutting is potentially detrimental.
Keep the floor in front of the saw free of piled up sawdust. Definitely wear enough eye and hearing protection. Eyes must be protected from damage by projectiles.
Hearing protection is something every woodworker essentially start with and continue. Always wear short sleeves, leave your ties at the office room, and out off your dangling jewelry.
Stand comfortably, with your feet far enough from the table for good balance. Wear comfortable shoes with non-slip soles. Avoid any awkward unusual operations. This will help you to avoid losing your balance and falling into the blade or table. Keep the tabletop smooth enough and well-polished. Keep the blade guards, splitters and anti-kickback fingers in the right place and operate freely.
Best Sliding Table Saw Attachment 2019
Let’s have a look at the best sliding table saw attachment available in the market july 2019:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Let’s get answers for the frequently asked questions.
Question 1: How Do I Maintain My Sliding Table Saw?
Answer: Do the followings to maintain your sliding table saw:
- Unplug the table saw and clean up sawdust within the saw cabinet and the motor on a regular basis.
- Polish the saw table with automatic wax. As a result, workpieces will slide easily across the table during the cutting process.
- Clean up the cutting blades regularly with pitch and gum remover.
- Replace the power cord when it’s worn, cut or damaged.
- Clean plastic parts with mild soapy water and dry them completely.
- After the end of every ﬁve hours of operation:
- Check the blade tilting mechanisms for looseness.
- Adjust the mechanisms as needed.
- Put some dry lubricant on the bevel gear.
Question 2: Why Does The Overload Keep Tripping On My Sliding Table Saw?
Answer: The table saw’s motor can overload trips if there isn’t a dedicated electrical circuit or due to overheating the motor. A dull or misaligned blade can spoil the workpiece. You can replace the table saw blade when it’s dull and regularly check the saw for correct alignment of cutting components.
Allow the motor to be cool for a minimum of 5 minutes before restarting the table saw. If the overload trips while cutting a small workpiece, the motor could be defective. Replace the motor or motor brushes if necessary.
In this article, We have tried to give a clear idea about the different perspective of the sliding table saws available in the market. Sliding table saws are very popular for woodworkers around the world. If we can use best sliding table saw machine following the necessary rules and regulation and do proper maintenance, we will definitely be benefited beyond the possibility of getting damaged.
- 1 Best Sliding Table Saw 2019 – Comparison Table
- 2 How To Use a Sliding Table Saw?
- 3 Safety Tips
- 4 Best Sliding Table Saw Attachment 2019
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)