Long lasting, water resistant, less noise and smooth surface with zero rust- who doesn’t dream of engines and machineries with such qualities? To make this dream come true, nothing’s better than a Silicone Spray of the finest quality.
Based on the usage, silicone sprays can be of different kinds.Some are best for rubber, windows, garage doors, fabrics and even best for food grade. Again, some sprays are good for overall uses. This kind of spray can also be classified in two categories on the basis of the forms they come in: wet and dry.
Want to know which is the best silicone spray out there? Worry no more, because we’ve brought to you all the things you need to know about silicone sprays and which one is the best for you!
To get the most out of any products, it is necessary to choose the type based on your intention and purpose you want it to fulfill.
According to theirperformances, some of the common types of silicone sprays are as follows:
- Premium Grade Silicone Spray
- Food Grade Silicone Spray
- Release Agent and Fabric-Friendly Silicone Spray
- High Temperature Tolerant Silicone Spray
Depending on your budget, appliances and availability of the required product, it’s really important to know about the type of the product you’re planning to purchase. This makes you aware of the pros and cons of the spray and enables you to get the most out of it.
1. Food Grade Silicone Spray
Foodgrade silicone spray is considered the best for its multi-purpose usage in the kitchen.
What is Food Grade Silicone Spray? Food Grade Silicone Spray is used to lubricate and extend the life of appliances like: fridges (hinges and surface), hinges of stove, moving parts of electric kitchen appliances etc.
- Performs perfectly at temperatures ranging from -40 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Passed certification for the NSF H1 and FDA regulations for incidental food contact.
- Has non-staining, odorless and colorless appearance.
- Can also be used on rubber, locks and ceramic insulators.
Shouldn’t be used on iPads, iPods, treadmills or any sensitive electronic devices as it can damage the mechanism if the product gets inside the devices.
2. Premium Grade Silicone Spray
Premium grade silicone spray is the most popular one of its kind due to versatile use as well as very affordable cost.
What is Premium Grade Silicone Spray? Premium Grade Silicone Spray is a multi-purpose silicone spray which can be used on almost all kinds of metals to protect those from rust and corrosion, to displace moisture and lubricate the surfaces.
- Produces protective, water-resistant and low-friction coating surfaces.
- Dries faster than most products and is stain-resistant.
- Causes no messy-residue after application.
- Can be used on metal, rubber, vinyl, and plastic surfaces.
- Sometimes attracts dust and dirt where it’s used.
- Can wear down the internal mechanism of locks.
- Can damage the plastics of iPads and iPods.
3. Release Agent and Fabric-Friendly Silicone Spray
Silicone sprays are not used on fabrics, but products like Release Agent and Fabric-Friendly Silicone Spray can be used on appliances that come in contact with fabrics.
What is Release Agent and Fabric-Friendly Silicone Spray? Release Agent and is a fabric-friendly silicone spray which is suitable for lubricating the hinges of washing machine, dryer, sewing machine etc.
- An NSF certified product.
- Gives a colorless and non-staining finish.
- Can be used on metal, rubber glass and plastic.
- It’s a heat-stable silicon release agent.
May not perform well as a release agent sometimes on certain molds, like candle making mold.
4. High Temperature Tolerant Silicone Spray
Ovens, barbeque grills, engines- these appliances reach quite high level of temperature. For their smooth performance, High Temperature Tolerant Silicone Spray is that product which you don’t want to miss out on.
What High Temperature Tolerant Silicone Spray? High Temperature Tolerant Silicone Spray is that lubricating product which can give a lasting protection for any surfaces that reach up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Penetrates, seals, protects and prolongs the lifespan of exhaust wrap.
- Works well on exhaust headers, pipes, engine blocks, and other applications.
- Ensures protection from abrasions, hot oil spills, and road grime.
Doesn’t stick to anywhere that has oil or grease residue and thus requires the surface to be clean before application.
For a long-lasting, rust-free and smooth performance of your equipment, having a silicone spray of good quality is a must. To have the most out of this kind of spray, to know about the ingredients, water resistant ability, duration required for drying and the perfect surface for the application of the product is highly recommended.